Year 7 students


Term One is almost over and I am so proud of all the Year 7 students. They have made my job as the Year Adviser very rewarding. Students have settled in well and are enjoying all the different classes. By teaching four Year 7 classes, I have been able to build strong relationships with students. I am able to learn about their strengths, build onto their confidence and make sure they feel safe to thrive in this new environment. 

I always remind students that they are responsible for building onto other people's memories. At my school we do not tolerate verbal, emotional, physical bullying or exclusion. Students have the power to make the right choices and to make a positive impact. It is lovely to see students putting in the extra effort to include others. They also understand that if something is not right, they tell a teacher straight away and don't fight back. By fighting back, they can make the situation worse, get hurt or be blamed for initiating the incident.

It makes me happy to know that Year 7 students are willing to tell me what they think. They like to share and ask for advice on school, friendships and with their general life experiences. I value their opinions and would always be by their side to assist them in this exciting high school journey. I will also like to take this opportunity to thank the parents and carers for being so supportive and helpful with the transition into high school.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique