White Rabbit gallery

I miss going out to the CBD to look at the different art galleries. Work sometimes take the energy and time out of my life. Actually lets replace 'sometimes' with 'always'. Today, I decided to trek to the city even with a cold (runny nose, weak muscles, tiredness etc). It was a difficult walk as most part of George street is blocked off due to the light rail road work.

I have been feeling a bit sad as I missed the exhibition by Tatsuo Miyajima at the Museum (MCA) of Contemporary Art. There are so many great reviews about the exhibition. The new exhibition at MCA didn't interest me so I turned my attention to the White Rabbit Gallery. They focus on contemporary artworks by Chinese artists.

It was a fun exhibition and showed a range of art practice with interesting concepts and material choice. Darkness was the theme of all the artworks but each artist had their own approach. Although darkness is important in all the artworks, 'light' was just as important. There was an artwork that was woven with thread. There was a hidden reflective layer behind the top layer. When you hold a torch light next to your head, you can see the images appearing on the bottom layer. I was unable to capture this artwork as a photograph.

Overall, I really enjoyed the artworks and installations.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique