Teaching outfits


I used to stress about what to wear as a beginner teacher and as a teacher on pract. During my five-year double degree (Bachelor of Art Education and Bachelor of Design), I completed four practicums. The first three were roughly two weeks long, and the final practicum lasted around fourteen weeks. Besides getting ready for practicums by preparing programs, activities and general background knowledge check, I would plan out my teaching ouftits. I have a friend who will be starting her first practicum in April, and she is trying to organise a teaching wardrobe for herself. This reminds me of my practicums where I tried to dress more formal with button up shirts and work pants.

Five years down the track, I am dressing for myself- more relaxed. I only dress formal when I have a bigger event (parent teacher night, leading presentations etc). I normally wake up and have a quick browse in my wardrobe and pull out anything that I can wear. My biggest challenge is to wear clothes appropriate for the weather. My work clothing is what I will wear during the weekends. I enjoy wearing clothes that make me feel comfortable and confident. I often go for skirts and dresses as it is easier to move around.

I chat with my high school group of friends through an app called 'Line'. We like to grab a quick 'Ootd (Outfit of the day)' shot before we head off to work. I recently went back through our chat history and found a few photos. I only started taking photos of my outfits in the past few months. I can see a reoccurring theme of florals.

My favourite place to shop for work clothes is at Portmans. I love their cuts and digital prints. However, this year I have put a ban on all make up and clothing purchases so I have been forced to recycle what I have in my own wardrobe. 


Above: Outfits of the day


Above: Finally wearing some pants.


Above: My new hair cut! Finally :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique