NOISE

I remember primary school teachers using the letters that make up 'noise' to quiet chatty students down.
I have modify this method a tiny bit...
So every time the class is noisy, I flip 1 letter. Behind each letter there are minutes. They need to be quiet. Otherwise I flip the next letter and it doubles up. I may give initial warnings before starting straight on 'e'.
If they are perfect during the lesson they get 5 virtual Vivo points. Every time they are noisy they loose 1 letter = 1 less Vivo point.
It works really well with my new kitchen clock timer and my chime. Every time I hit the chime softly they will know that a letter is flipped.
And I'll use Velcro to hold it up on my whiteboard. Velcro will be on both sides. I just need to laminate the letters to prolong their life against my whiteboard.
I'm not a punisher but the noise at times gets loud and I need to address this sooner rather than later. I love my students and they know that. This year I teach Year 7-11. I find that the juniors actually get more chattier then my 9-11. Seniors are fine.
I'm a teacher who usually (when there is time) greets students at the door, ask about their day, give virtual rewards points etc. So please don't feel I'm a grumpy bag with this noise management strategy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique