Angels

Sometimes they surprise you with kindness.

Today a handful of Year 7 students insisted on staying back during break time to clean my room. The students took the initiative to do something nice without being asked. They were actually really excited about cleaning. The four boys helped clean my storeroom, threw out rubbish, mopped the floor and moved furniture around. The boys have asked if they can come again tomorrow. I'll probably give them a break.

The classroom was spotless until the very last period. A pity that my Year 11 students were not able to respect the classroom in the same way. Half my sink was filled with used paintbrushes and palettes. I will be giving them a lecture tomorrow.



I just finished calling home in regards to the Year 7 students. I wanted to say THANK YOU to the students by letting their parents know how kind and generous they were with their time today. Every time I call home the parents get a bit worried. They expect a negative comment. The worry disappears once they know it is a positive phone call. The students thrive to know that they are being recognised. I also take the time to congratulate the parents for doing a fantastic parenting job. 




I received a number of mixed reviews about my outfit today. I finally decided to wear my baggy grey pants. They were purchased last year in Hong Kong. One of the students thought I looked like a grandmother from behind. Pretty hilarious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique