Work, work, work


I have a large bundle of papers to mark and I am only on my first pile. My baby (fluffy shih tzu) is jealous that I am giving more attention to the papers than on her. I will be getting another four class sets of papers to mark in the next two weeks. I will also need to mark all practical assignments on top of the essays and one class set of senior exams. Most people think Visual Arts is all practical, but there is actually a lot of theory behind. Students need to be able to describe, analyse, interpret and make a judgement. They need to understand the four frames, conceptual framework and the art practice. 

I hope to use my holiday time well and contribute to the marking and preparation for report time. It is a relief that Year Advisers do not need to read 'every' report with the new structure in place. I will be pulling my hair out if that was a role on top of all my other duties. The peer checking system we have at my school requires a co-worker to read your reports before passing it onto the head teacher. We take the reports back and fix up any mistakes. Once it is printed, the report team checks it and sends back reports with missed errors. Teachers need to make amendments to their report banks or be cautious of the mistakes so that it is not repeated in the next cycle of report writing.  

I recently attended a 'report writing' workshop after school. It helped clarify a few points. I have left the documents at work and may make a blog entry about report writing another time.



Above: Make up free and sleepy dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique