Teacher supplies: Kmart VS Target



Today, I decided to check out both Kmart and Target. Both played around with rose gold and had a similar pricing point. 

Target focused on a marble x rose gold fusion. It is part of their Victorian rose gold collection. Price points started from $3-$10 Aud.
The pricing seems quite fair and reminds me of the Aldi back to school sale earlier in the year. Aldi had staplers and tape dispenser around the same price point $8-10 Aud. They also had rose gold magazine dividers and pen holders.



Kmart's rose gold collection played more with polka dots and the brown bag look. I quite like the folder except the material isn't suitable for wear and tear. It will get dirty quite easily. I love the long notepad that is designed to be placed beneath the keyboard. It retails for $3 Aud and it is a weekly planner. Overall, I think Target's marble x rose gold theme looks more sophisticated. 
Although Kmart was a bit weak with their rose gold stationary selection, it made up for it with their storage systems. 





I decided to go back to Target to purchase a few things and I met a friendly employee who decided to sell me a wire base table for $15 Aud instead of $80 Aud. It was the last one and had a few minor scratches. It can be easily touched up with spray paint but I will probably leave it as it is. Knowing myself, these scratches would eventually end up back on the table. The table is perfect for me to use in my bedroom when I want to switch from my computer table onto the floor space.

Since I saved money, I decided to splurge it on the wonderful marble x rose gold collection. I also purchased a small magnetic black board because it came with a chalk marker. Not sure what I will use it for but for $8 Aud, it was a steal. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales