Street Art: Project Based Learning


This morning I asked my students to help me rearrange my classroom furniture into a group layout. I have around 6 groups in my classroom right now. I changed my room layout so that my elective art students can easily collaborate when they partake in their Project Based Learning project.

Since 2016, I have been part of the Project Based Learning Action team at my high school. This means I develop program and writing assessments with a focused on hypothetical real life situations. Last year, I invited an artist to come in to talk about the process of mural painting and encouraged students to work collaboratively to create two murals for dance and drama. This year students are working in groups to investigate street art and learn how artworks can serve a purpose in the community.

Students must:


  1. Submit the completion of the 6 D worksheets. This takes students through the process of defining, discovering, dreaming, designing, delivering and debriefing of the project.
  2. Create an individual Stencil art design based on an issue that is important to their group! The function of Street Stencil Art is to have some type of social commentary. Social issues could include war, environment, unemployment, crime, feminism, religion etc.
  3. Spend time developing and designing at least 3 plans for possible designs, of which one is to be created. These plans are to be completed in their visual arts process diary as evidence of their art process. 
  4. Create their stencil art on a piece of school furniture as a group. Working collaboratively to consider how space can be used effectively to express a common concept.
  5. HAVE FUN!





     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales