Teacher organisation: Therapeutic


1) Sorting out pencil supplies

There is something about sorting things out that makes everything seem therapeutic. I had students begging me today to stay back at recess and lunch just to sort out my pencils. At the same time, I have students who hate repetitive tasks. Usually, students who complete detentions for me are asked to tidy the room and to sharpen pencils. I just have to wave a cup of pencils around and you will see them switching their focus back onto their art making activity.

I may have a bit of OCD. I want my pencils in different piles and colour coordinated. The piles include 'dull' and 'sharp' pencils.






2) Having a borrowing system

I realised I needed a borrowing system and found the following idea from one of the art teachers on my Instagram account.



I was unable to locate an old library box but did manage to find a letter holder from Daiso for $2.80 Aud. I have made individual cards for my Elective and Senior classes. If they borrow anything overnight, they must write down what they have borrowed. When they return it, they need to cross it off.


3) Fast finishers card

I have a few students who are working faster than other students. I found some fast finishers card online and laminated them. Glad there are a few empty ones so I can write down my own tasks that relate to the unit of work that they might be exploring. This is more appropriate for junior classes.



4) Desktop organisation

I am so glad to have found this EASY desktop organisation layout. Use the link below that connects you to the free resource from Fairways & Chalkboards.

Desktop Organisation - Freebie!

Most of my important files are on my USB. It is backed up monthly into my external hard drive. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales