Year 11 Visual Arts progress


I am currently blogging while watching an 'Art Prof' video. Artprof.org has been live for about 3 months and offers free Visual arts resources for anyone. The video that I am watching has Professor Clara Lieu explaining how to draw a 'Charcoal Portrait'. It is about 1 hour long and goes into depth about the importance of quick thumbnail sketches, composition (using a large viewfinder), lightening, the reduction effect with charcoal drawing and how to effectively use cross-hatching. 

While I am watching it, I am trying to find new ways to teach. Sometimes, I feel like I am not clear enough or not providing the best examples for students to understand how to explore a concept or material further. I can't wait to use some of her tips in my classroom. 




Above: Art Prof video on the charcoal portrait.

My Year 11 Senior students have started on their Portraits unit. They were moving quite slow and I wanted them to stop and think about their progress. The self-reflection sheet provided at the start of the week was a BIG wake up call for them. They realised they were either missing elements or not meeting the requirements of the project (both visual journal and artmaking production).

However, the push from Monday seems to have helped students stay 'focus' and explore mediums that are interesting to them. Here are a few shots:


















Above: The self-assessment sheet from Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales