Speed Dating Art Critique


A few years ago, during Valentine's day, I made a 'speed dating' activity for my Year 11 Community and Family Studies class (I was on a contract block). I left a trail of cut out hearts from the classroom door to the long tables in the classroom (I am the corny teacher!). I instructed students to seat on either side. At that time, I was teaching them about wellbeing factors. Each student received a character card and they were required to role play. A list of questions was given and it helped assist students with the conversations.  Students enjoyed the activities and there were A LOT of giggles. 

Photo from 2014 'Speed Dating' activity:


I decided to revisit the concept of speed dating. The idea of speed dating is to meet as many potential partners in a short frame of time. Using this concept, I built a lesson for my Year 11 Visual Arts class. I will be asking students to critique each other's artwork(s) in 5 minute increments. They must follow the instructions on the poster. I will be using a timer to keep track of time.




I also decided that it is important to have some sort of worksheet ready for students. This way, they are not looking blankly at each other. The point of the exercise is for students to receive constructive feedback and it will be a pity if this feedback was not recorded down. By writing it down pen on paper, it allows students to go back and reflect on what is working and what needs improvement. I also want them to consider the concept, material and technique choices used by other students in the classroom. The conversations may help inspire and uplift each other. At the same time, I want 'honest' feedback.

While students are engaged in this activity, I will be going around the room to ears drop on some of the conversations. My lessons are only 50 minutes long. I am hoping that each student will be able to find at least 5 partners. I will be using the first 5 mins of the class to explain the activity, 25-30 minutes to let students chat and meet potential partners and the last 15 minutes or so to wrap up the lesson.

FINGERS CROSSED!



Comments

  1. I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks COSPLAY dating

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks best hookup sites

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales