VIVO prizes feedback from Teachers and Students

For today's blog entry, I decided to share a newsletter article that I compiled with teacher and students' feedback on Vivo (virtual points reward system) prizes. The school's 'Vivo' reward system works by having accounts set up for both the teacher and student. The cost of running the 'Vivo Miles' program depends on the number of students at your school. Teachers can reward students based on how well they are meeting the school's values of being a respectful, engaged and an active learner. Students can look up their virtual points and the messages that go along with it on their computer/mobile app and trade their points in for prizes of their own choice i.e. tangible prize or a teacher service prize. 

To get a bit of a background about Vivo, please read the following post on:

Ways to get donations/prizes

Love my classes


Newsletter article:

A BIG thank you to all the teachers and staff who have donated their time providing these amazing Vivo Teacher Service prizes. Students can see the caring side of these teachers and it makes the teacher student relationship more influential and positive. We will also like to thank our school and local community for their generous donations towards the Vivo Rewards System.

“I was ‘inspired’ by Ms E and Mrs P in the idea of wearing a onesie on assembly. I’d like to say it was an original idea, however, we try to model intellectual honesty. Although I initially offered this as a fun thing to do, I didn’t really expect to be ‘purchased.’ However, when I was notified that Student M had used his Vivo points, I knew that I had to quickly hunt down a onesie. I have great respect for Student M. Looking a little silly for half an hour was a strange, but amusing way to demonstrate this. And, well, it was nice to have a tail for a little while! The Vivo Reward System is way of reminding students that we value their efforts in making a REAL community, from which we all derive intellectual, social and emotional encouragement. I love being part of such a community.”

-Ms B

Being a TAS teacher I thought that my Vivo prize contribution should be "food" based, so I put my hand up to make cakes for students and offer a hands-on lunchtime homemade pizza prize. I was quite surprised to be purchased by three students in one week, which was really quite naive of me after all, what teenager does not like food? I contacted each student and asked what sort of cake or pizza they wanted. Student R was very polite and did not really care what cake it was as long as it was cake. After offering a few suggestions, a vanilla cake with lemon butter icing was decided upon. Student D decided to be a bit cheeky and asked for a vegan chocolate cake, which to his horror I was actually happy to make. I told him that have a wonderful vegan chocolate cake recipe which uses chickpeas. He quickly changed his mind and gooey, chewy chocolate brownies (minus the chickpeas) was decided upon.  Making the pizza with Student M was fun! I pre-made the pizza dough at home the night before. By the time lunchtime came around the next day it had risen beautifully and Student M and I played with the dough, popped on some toppings and placed them in the oven in the school kitchen. The pizzas were devoured. It has been a fun experience being purchased by the students and I look forward to the next round!”

-Mrs S

“I had to get creative about what Vivo prize to offer students. I remember a few students who wanted to try teaching as a future career. I decided to offer the opportunity for a role reversal Vivo prize. I was to become the student while a student had a go at being a teacher. This involves communicating with the students beforehand on what they would like to teach. They had to give clear instructions, set out materials and even provide demonstrations to ‘their’ class. It has been well received and I was happy that these mini teachers did a terrific job. I am always proud with what our students can achieve.”

-Ms Kwan

“This term, I had the opportunity to buy a cup of hot chocolate from Mrs P (Deputy Principal) in the Vivo School Shop. I'm really glad that we are trying new and exciting ideas with the Vivo School Shop. Special services available like this are a great time for both teachers and students. I'm sure the other students would definitely get another cup of hot chocolate from Mrs P, I know I am! This really is a breath of fresh air and I'm very interested to know what else I can spend my Vivo points on in the future.”

-Student A Year 11

“I’ve been saving up my hard earned Vivos since Yr 7 and have only just started using them due to the larger selection of available prizes and teacher services. The first teacher service purchase was for Miss M (Industrial Arts teacher) to take my notes for a designated period. She became my note taker in Legal Studies and it was great because I could just sit back and relax while the teacher made notes, glued my worksheets and participated in discussions on my behalf. I also purchased Mrs M (PDHPE teacher) to bake brownies for my whole class. The brownies were delicious! My whole class enjoyed them. The final teacher service which I have purchased was for Miss N (English teacher) to buy pizza for my whole class. I am definitely looking forward to it! The teachers have all been fantastic and I enjoy being rewarded for showing the values of a REAL student.”

-Student C Year 10


“I have saved most of my Vivos since Year 7 as there has never really been a huge variety of things that has interested me but the teachers prizes this term looked awesome! So far I’ve bought Mrs M’s PE lesson and seeing as I’m in her PE class, I got to teach it. It was heaps of fun, the class played OZ tag and I got to ref! It was a really fun lesson and I would definitely do it again. I also purchased Mrs S to make pizza during lunch and that was super fun and tasty! Miss S gave up her lunchtime to do this and she made it really fun. I made my friends super jealous with my pizzas.”

-Student M Year 9



“Miss Kwan has made my Photography class interested in using Vivos. We love the wide range of prizes that are on the Vivo School Shop. I instantly purchased Ms B to wear a onesie on assembly. She is a great teacher and I always enjoy having a good laugh with her. She looked awesome in a dinosaur onesie.”

-Student M Year 9



“For my Vivo rewards, I taught Miss Kwan’s (Art teacher) a Year 8 Art lesson. It was a fun learning experience and I enjoyed it a lot. I got a taste of being a teacher and I loved helping out around the class. I also purchased Mrs M (Maths teacher) to make me a cake! It was a delicious carrot cake with cream cheese icing. It tasted so good and I appreciate the effort and time that she has used.”

-Student M Year 8




“I have enjoyed my experience of buying Vivo prizes where the teacher has baked a cake. I purchased Mrs K (English teacher) to bake a cake and I had actually mistaken her for another teacher. However, this led me to meet a new teacher. I purchased the cake for my favourite teacher Miss Kwan because she is not going to be my Elective teacher next year. I shared the cake with Miss Kwan and the class. The cake was delicious. Thank you Mrs K.”

-Student A Year 8



“For my Vivo rewards, I purchased the right to teach Miss Kwan’s (Art Teacher) class, along with one of my friends Student M. We taught the class how to make plaster animal masks. It was a unique experience and I would definitely do it again. I also put my Vivos towards buying a cake. Mrs S (Home Economics Teacher) gave me an option to choose what cake I wanted and she made one especially for me. The cake was delicious and I enjoyed it a lot. Recently I purchased Mrs M (PDHPE Teacher) to make cupcakes for my whole class, which I will share with my fellow students 
once it arrives.”

-Student R Year 8


“I used my Vivos to become a Principal for one period. I wanted to see what it would be like. I have teachers in my family and I want to become one when I grow up. In the future, I also want to be a principal. It was fun being a principal because I wanted to sign important papers but at the same time it was hard work as I had to make a lot of decisions. I would like to do it again because I felt very important and one day I hope to be a principal.”

-Student C Year 7




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales