Free resources: Slideshare


I have previously recommended a few websites that are great for teachers. Please check out my 'Canva' blog post from April. Canva is a free website that allows users to make quick and simple designs (posters, invitations etc). They have templates ready for users to create designs for web or print.

Today, I will be recommending 'Slideshare'. This is a free website and has been a life saver for my role as a classroom teacher and as a year 7 adviser. It is a website where you can find presentations (PowerPoints, PDF files), infographics, documents and more. The information is shared by teachers and experts from the field. Most of the files can be downloaded. I will still advise that you go through the slides and 'edit' the information to suit your classroom. Some files do not have a download option, but you can still show your class the PowerPoint if you log onto Slideshare.



I plan to show this 'Study, Do It Well' to my Year 7 cohort. I have a year meeting with them on Tuesday Week 5. I hope to share some highly effective habits with them before they start their Half-Yearly Examination. 



On Friday, I showed my Year 11 Visual Arts class several downloaded PowerPoint slides from Slideshare. I focused on Ron Mueck (a figurative sculptor), painting techniques, portraits etc. The PowerPoints were extremely helpful as it allowed me to form discussions on a new artist to study and provide students with ideas for their art making in terms of techniques and different ways of approaching the 'Portraits' unit.



I love how Slideshare also provides you with some 'recommended' PowerPoints. This website is perfect for pract teachers, classroom teachers, leaders etc. 

Comments

  1. Thank you for this wonderful service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Translation is the procedure by which you change over a sound record or discourse into a content report, composed or electronic. To effectively translate like on this http://infographicresume.net/latest-resume-trends-designs-and-samples/ site landing page, you should have the capacity to do multitasking and some examination

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique