Steps challenge


So ALL my co workers have turned into fitness freaks. 

This all started when the head of PDHPE sent out a mass email asking if the staff were interested in a block vs block step challenge. A step challenge involves walking or running to push up a person's average daily steps. A lot of people responded and have made a conscious effort to up their steps each day. They are even walking during lunchtime to get their steps up. The block average will be counted at the end of the week.

To be part of this challenge we must record down our steps each day including the weekend. One will need to use a Fitbit or a Garmin to record the steps down. I am using my Apple watch. There is a Google form set up for the staff to enter the amount of steps taken per day. The data is then displayed using Google Spread sheet. 






At the end of the term, the winning block will have bragging rights. There are also other challenges along the way. Each participant has been asked to contribute $5 to help purchase prizes or certificates. 

I must admit that I have made a really poor effort. When I used to catch the bus, I will easily get up to an average of 16,000 steps a day. I usually go for a 3km run after work as well and by the end of the day I will be sitting comfortably on 25,000 steps. Since driving, I am only walking around 6000 steps or less. I am not even meeting the daily goal of 10,000 steps. I am struggling to find the time to balance work and health with more workload taken on board. And when I do want to relax, I tend to sit in front of my monitor again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique