Therapy


Sometimes teaching can really take a toll on our wellbeing. I have been mentally exhausted due the tension in my senior class. I am constantly reflecting on what I can do better as a teacher. I value opportunities to grow as a teacher but at times it is also quite draining. Keeping up with what other teachers have to deal with on a daily basis has made me feel less alone. And you might ask...how? Speak to your co-workers and join relevant teaching Facebook pages. It provides you with an insight on the daily challenges that teachers battle. But it also reminds you why this profession is rewarding. 

I have been quite jealous of the 'Teacher Appreciation Week' in America. Schools in Australia do not have a week dedicated to teachers. Actually I don't think we even set aside a day to appreciate what educators do but my daily conversations with my students remind me why I love my job even when sometimes it is also the same students who break my heart into a million tiny pieces. 

It is important to find ways to relax. I found this awesome visual mind map of '50 ways to take a break'. I might try some of these tips out. 



Today I set time aside for myself. I went for a retail therapy shopping session. I ended up buying skincare and school related things. Kikki.K had 20% off all items.


Above: I am a big fan of Tarte (along with Benefit and Becca). Since May is my birthday month, I also received a free blush and lip gloss.


Above: I am loving black right now. I purchased a new laptop bag (for notes really) and notebook. They are part of the 'felt' collection at Kikki.K. I also purchased a letter set to encourage myself to take time to write instead of just texting people.


Above: I purchased a sand timer from Kikki.K. I already have a classroom timer but I like the visual effect that this gives. I will be using it to time activities and to keep students quiet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique