Ideas to try out

Since joining the different teaching Facebook groups, I am more aware of the types of resources that teachers use across the continent. Art Prof seems to be a great resource for Visual Arts teacher in America. It is a free online educational platform for Visual Arts people. 



I plan on sharing this video with my senior Year 11 class during my Period 5 lesson on Wednesday. The video is directed at students as it helps explain why art critique is important. I want to show this video AFTER I spend a lesson focused on rebuilding relationships with students and learning to let go of my control (when appropriate) to let students hold ownership of their artmaking. 

I have been using the 'Remind' app with my Year 11 class and it never occurred to me that I can use it during class time. Remind is a free app that allows teachers and students to communicate without exposing any phone numbers or private information. I use it to send whole class announcements or provide one on one feedback with their assignments and/or classwork.

Another teacher in America uses Remind as a form of classroom management. I love how she utilizes the app. It seems to help minimise confrontation and build good relationships with her students. Her use of humor is fantastic. I am going to try and see if it will work for me.

Post from the Art teacher (screenshot from her Remind app)
Facebook post about how she uses Remind in the classroom:


Ending the post with:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique