Year 6 visit


Every Tuesday, the Year 6 students from our local primary school come over for the transition classes. It helps prepare them for high school as they learn about the school structure and routines. Inside my classroom, we are all working together to make the 'What Lifts You' mural. Each student contributes by making a feather design.

We have ALMOST completed one wing. Instead of making one gigantic pair of wings we are focusing on making two pairs.


Above: I have some teacher helpers in my classroom. During Tuesday afternoon, most of our high school students are engaged in sports activities. However, they can volunteer their time to help with the running of Year 6 classes.


They have been working so well that I have rewarded them with a character box building activity. No instructions were given and they had to work out how to build the character on their own.




I am loving this Year 6 class and hoping to have them next year in my Year 7 Visual Art classes. They left me some cute notes on my 'Happy notes' wall at the back of the room.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique