Finders Keepers


Every year I try to make it to 'The Finders Keepers' market. The vibe is great and there is always a range of unique handmade goodies. The market features over 200 independent art and design stalls. The market sells a range of handmade pieces by amazing makers from Sydney. This year the 10th anniversary event was set at The Cutaway, Barangaroo Reserve. 

Being an Art teacher, I love seeing what unique products independent labels are producing. At the same time, the products might be an inspiration for a new unit of work in ceramics, painting, jewellery design etc.




I love walking around Barangaroo. Everything looks great! Except, I did not check the weather forecast and my shoes were flooded from the million little puddles. I also had to run to the nearest shop just to buy an umbrella! 
I probably spent an hour walking around. My heart was set on buying 'earrings'. After cutting off my long hair, I realise that I was lacking some funky earrings.


I purchased earrings from three separate stores. The top ceramic pair is from 'AKA', the shiny plastic pair is from 'Martha Jean' and the tassel pair from 'Kingston Jewellery'. They range from $15 - $25 Aud. 



Since I was already in the city, I went to claim my free $40 Aud Mimco Rose Gold Vip voucher. I refrain myself from spending more and purchased a luggage tag worth $50 with an addition 20% on top, bringing the price down to exactly $40. The Mimco store in the city also offers free hot stamping. I have been obsessing with putting my initials on most of my work related items.



My growing collection of 'black' work essentials. Monograms are a huge part of it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique