Must get work done


This week, I have avoided taking work home. This is probably the 'procrastinate' period. I tend to always do this before going on full auto-pilot mode (except I do focus on the material at hand) 


Above: How I imagine myself when I go on auto-pilot mode.

Over here in Australia, it is Week 3 of Term 2. Here is my to-do list in order of importance:

1) Art Teacher role: Get Year 11 'Portraits' resources printed as textbooks for senior students.

2) Art Teacher role: Finish marking three late Year 7 Case Study assignments and one late Year 10 Case Study assignment. 

3) Art Teacher role: Finish marking three class set of Year 7 Self-Portraits. 

4) Art Teacher role: Start three class set of Year 7 Visual Arts reports, one class set of Year 7 Technology Mandatory reports and one class set of Year 9/10 Visual Arts reports.

5) Year 7 Adviser role: Prepare Week 5 Tuesday PowerPoint and resources on 'Study Skills' and '7 Habits of Highly Effective Students'. Send run down sheet to Deputy Principal and Year 7 Adviser Assistant. 

6) Classroom teacher role: Make a list of 10 questions for a student survey on how a safe classroom can promote risk-taking behaviours. 

7) Art Teacher role: Prepare resources for Year 9/10 Visual Arts unit on 'Street Art'.

8) Year 7 Advisor role: Write an article for the school newsletter.

I am hoping to use my weekend well and tackle down the list. Might be able to do 1-4 if I am focused. 

The interesting part about this job is that every day is different. Time flies through the term and no matter how difficult and long the to-do list appears, you will always cross them out. The only catch is that the work never ends. But every day is a learning curve and comes with a little bit of magic!

The end of the school year seems so far away, but I know in a blink of an eye, I will be saying goodbye to my classes. I need to remind myself to enjoy my classes and cherish the time that I have left with my students. Reading the teaching Facebook posts, I realise that there are only a few more weeks of schooling left for my American friends. I hope everyone over in America has a smooth finish to the year! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique