Organisation: Top three tips


Being a high school classroom teacher and a Year 7 Adviser means I need to have good organisation skills. My TOP three tips:

1. Make a To-Do list. 

I like creating a weekly To-Do list. Sometimes the list seems crazy but I ALWAYS end up clearing the list. I might not be able to clear all of it in the same week but at least 80-90% is crossed off. There is a deep satisfaction when I tick off the job. And one needs to remember not to freak out if something isn't cross out. It just means that it isn't important and one can come back to it later. 

I also like looking back and checking when I had completed certain tasks such as calling home to parents, completing workshops, room changes etc.

2. Allocating jobs to students.

Students love helping. You should also reward students when they volunteer their time to help you. They love responsibilities. I usually get students to help with laminating, tidying, sorting out resources and so on. I also have an 'Ihelp' chart that I use to organise jobs. Every student is given a 'number'. The numbers get switched around daily. Depending on where the number is attached, a different 'job' is allocated.



3. Stay on top of the loop

Join teaching pages on Facebook. They can give inspiration to your unit of work, ideas to help with student wellbeing and opportunities to ask and gain feedback from teachers across the globe.




EXTRA TIP:

Find a buddy! One that will not walk away when you are drowning with paperwork. One that will stick by you day and night.

Presenting to you MY SHIH TZU. I gave her a haircut today and almost broke my back. The haircut took more than an hour and it didn't help that I was just using a normal pair of scissors.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique