School holiday fever


Still trying to enjoy the last few days of my school holiday break over in Australia. I have either been marking my life away or connecting with nature. Not sure if I am ready for another 10 weeks of school. However, having a routine is probably better for me than waking up and sitting in my room like a sloth (on days that I stay home to mark). The main things I will miss is the beautiful sceneries and the freedom to stay in bed.  

This morning I went to La Perouse. It is a suburb in south-eastern Sydney. It is a great place to explore cliffs and learn about the historic area named after French navigator La Perouse. The Bare Island Fort (pictured below) was built in 1885 to protect Sydney from a perceived Russian threat. Guided tours are available in three time slots every Sunday.


Above: The Bare Island Fort


Above: Beautiful weather. The little black specks in the water are people learning how to scuba dive.


Above: Spot me!

We had a simple picnic at La Perouse today with food prepared by my partner. The weather was great but we were tired so we left quite early.


Above: My Shih Tzu waiting for her feed. We try to avoid giving her human food as it tends to be too oily for her diet.

Back home, I decided to move the large cactus from the blue plastic pot into a crochet cup. I had purchased the cactus and the glass house from Burrawang markets during the Easter long weekend. I am trying to create my own classroom garden. I hope my high school students appreciate the extra touch of warmness. 


Above: The crochet cup used to hold a succulent plant but it died under my care. Hopefully, cactus can last longer.


Above: Changing the look so it is more aesthetically pleasing.

A holiday isn't a holiday without some shopping!!!

I managed to hop into my favourite store today to purchase a surprise gift for my sister. I have a sister who is 12 years older She lives a different life being a mother of two. Often she forgets to spoil herself. She wanted this bag from the Australian brand Mimco, however since it is part of their special 'Mimco loves' collection, it is never on sale. Being the good sister, I thought I will spoil her. By spoiling her, I was also rewarded with a free bangle due to their promotion which ends tomorrow. Spend $199 and receive a free bangle valued at $69.95. I also picked up a cute coin purse.


Above: Mimco purchases

I have placed myself on a ban. I am banned from buying clothes and make up. This has been super challenging. I am thankful that my close friends have decided to chip in for my birthday present. They have allowed me to choose anything, and technically since they are buying my Sephora make up wish list, I am not breaking my new year's resolution. 

Above: Sephora purchases

Comments

  1. Interested parties can register for the respective workshops either at their learning centre located at Park Mall #12-01 (just opposite Dhoby Ghaut MRT station) or email them at enquiry@igenius.sg CFA study material

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales