Positive Behaviour Learning


Besides being a classroom teacher and a Year 7 Adviser, I am an advocator for the Positive Behaviour Learning (PBL) team. There are many things that are working successfully at our school such as the ongoing Vivo system for rewarding behavioural expectations, great PBL data results, systems for responding to and managing behaviours. This creates a fun and safe learning environment for everyone.

Being part of the PBL team requires me to put in my weight. I volunteer to put posts up on the Facebook page since I am one of the five admins. I re-designed whole school structures for reducing truancy and created a poster that promoted consistent classroom expectations. 

I help run the rewards program by asking for monetary and merchandise donations from the school and local community. I maintain the rewards program by frequently updating it with prizes and helping students and staff to reset log in passwords. 

Last year I set up a stall with the PBL team leader. We were there after school setting up stalls so that we could exchange the latest PBL news and discuss the working PBL models. I also attended a number of workshops throughout last year to increase my knowledge on PBL. Early this year I led a workshop on 'Classroom Management' to help my co-workers implement strategies that could work for their own classroom and everyday teaching. I will be looking at doing another workshop at the end fo the year.

I am a passionate teacher who believes in rewarding students and having consistent expectations across all faculties.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales