Happy Easter


Lately, the posts have been about the Term 1 holidays. I will be going back to my marking mode on Tuesday. Holidays started on the 8th of April. On the first day, I went to the Easter Show Carnival and then spent the next four days on marking essays. For the last two days and a half, I have been trying to meet up with all my close friends. The Easter break brings everyone together as most professions are on public holidays. I technically still have a week left but I need to finish all my senior marking and start on their reports. The challenging life of balancing work life and leisure time.

Today we (high school friends) planned on going to the Sculptures at Scenic World at the Blue Mountains but all the tickets sold out. I was looking forward to experiencing the site-specific sculptures in the natural rainforest. Instead, we improvised and went to food cafes and The Three Sisters and Leura Cascades Waterfall in the Blue Mountains. I still managed to get some inspirations for my art classroom. 

I hope to see the Sculptures at Scenic World next year. I don't think I will have the time to visit it as it ends on the 7th of May and takes almost two hours drive to get there.



Above: I have actually developed a 'Selfies' self-portrait unit to teach Year 7 students how to draw. It all started with using Snapchat. I will probably use Snapchat for future art lesson ideas. Here, I am just enjoying the Easter chocolate bunny filter.


Above: Spending the day with high school friends again.


Above: The Three Sisters.


Above: Leura Cascades Waterfall.


Above: A cafe up in the Blue Mountains.


Above: Beautiful paper cups, I love it when coffee or tea cups have delicate designs on them.


Above: Planning to take inspiration from these sculptures in the cafe for my art classes.


Above: More examples. Might be nice to teach a lesson about Surrealism using paper mache and plaster bandage techniques.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales