Balancing work life


Term 1 holidays started on Friday evening for all New South Wales teachers. I was too tired to celebrate and instead had an easy early night with my partner of 6 years. He is also a teacher and runs all the music programs for K-6. I teach Visual Arts and TAS subjects to Year 7-12. We are based at different schools but I love how we can share teaching stories and spend the holidays together. 

On Saturday we followed our tradition and went to the Easter Show. It is a carnival that celebrates the Australian culture and attracts up to 800,000 people each year. It goes for 14 days (the length of the school holidays) and holds agriculture competitions, provides animal experiences, live entertainment, carnival rides and shopping.

We try to go every year as I love the vibe of carnivals. Yesterday, I walked roughly 17000 steps but was exhausted by the afternoon. Since driving instead of taking public transport, my fitness level has hit rock bottom. I purchased a fitness show bag from the Easter Show and it will be my motivation to start exercising again. 

I love show bags and it is a tradition which started in the 1900s. It first started as sample bags which was given to people who attended the Easter Show carnival. Since the cost of producing bags became to hard for companies to maintain they started selling it for a price. The show bags are marketed for different age groups. Some show bags sell toys, food, others may sell merchandise aim at children or adults. 


Above: I purchased both show bags. One was for fitness and one was a skincare bundle.


Above: The petting farm is always a hit.

I should start tackling down my mountain of marking. My to do list is SUPER long and I better start now to make my life easier when Term 2 hits. Lots of marking to do plus reports.




To start some kind of fitness routine, I plan to skip for 1 min after marking one Case Study/essay. Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales