Beyond the classroom


Tonight, I have been quite active on the school Facebook page. I am one of the five admins who monitors the page and puts up daily posts. I have made a post regarding when school resumes since there might be slight confusions with Anzac Day sitting on a Tuesday. After speaking to a parent via the private Facebook message option, I have made a post about her daughter who made it into the NSW Country Youth Women's Baseball team. We love to celebrate student's achievements inside and outside of school. I also included a link to our April electronic school newsletter (the below picture is a snippet taken from the newsletter). 

Being an Art teacher, the Year 7 Adviser and a passionate advocator for Positive Behaviour Learning (PBL) means I LOVE taking photos to promote my school, my faculty and my Year 7 cohort. We are always proud of our students' achievements. They are all capable of amazing things.


Above: Every month, I try to include something positive in our school electronic newsletter. 

Posting on social media is also a great way to send out important reminders about events taking place inside and outside of the school (school vaccination, sports athletics carnival, excursions etc). Parents are also able to learn more about what is happening at school and the strategies used to provide a safe learning space.

Students love seeing photos of themselves on the Facebook page. I always ask students for permission before taking photos. The job is fun (it can be tiring too!). They enjoy having their photos taken, and I enjoy capturing their smiles. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales