What's working


My 4x Year 7 classes and even the older students love rewards and classroom jobs. I've been taking ideas from primary school teachers on different Facebook groups. Things that work really well: 1. Ihelp chart. Looks like an iPhone with different icons. Each icon has one particular job. Every class, every student has their own numbers. I attach different numbers to the icons daily so students can take responsibility for a job. They love marking rolls, being a messenger, being a timer etc 2. Whole school rewards. I give students virtual points. I start off with five each lesson. Every time they are loud, they lose one point. Soon the entire class will say shhhhh and encourage each other to be quiet. I gently hit a chime each time they lose a point. Instead of saying you have now lost a point, I hit the chime. 3. I have come up with own rewards system in my classroom. It's a class vs class system. Each class starts off with 20 coins. During the fortnight they can lose or gain coins. After each fortnight I draw out a name (written on paddle pop stick) from that one class and award them with a physical present - stationary etc. At the end of the year the best class gets a pizza party. I repeat the drawing out names each fortnight so I am not using too many prizes as they do cost money. Students know I am using my own money and that I am making the extra effort for them. 4. I have colour coded tables. Every two tables is one colour. Each colour station has only one tin with 6 pencils, 6 pens, a glue stick and a rubber. This has stopped resources from going missing, helps them to be prepared and they are more responsible with borrowed items.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique