Class mascot

I added a new class mascot into my classroom. She's going to help keep an eye out for me. My Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz may have an unhealthy habit of eating naughty children.


Above: Pop Vinyl figure. Students have already started asking me where they can purchase one.


I started taking 'Snapchat' photos of my Year 7 Visual Arts students. The photos will be used for their portrait drawing unit. Students will be using the grid drawing system to break down a bigger image into manageable parts. By using the Snapchat filters, it makes this unit of work more appealing to them. It also makes the drawing task a bit easier since there are also cartoon aspects to it. I have included some eye stickers over their photos to protect the identity of my students. When I print their pictures out, there will only be the dog filter. Students had a blast taking photos.

Above: Photos of students using 'Snapchat' filters.

I have also been taking photos fo my students with my DIY frame. 


Above: DIY frame.

I am also teaching computers this year. I will be teaching students how to use 'Illustrator' to create game characters. Before using the computers, I ran through the design process. One of the activities in the booklet (written by a co-worker) asks students to rap to the design process. I had a very enthusiastic student who did a fantastic job in rapping. I tried but I have zero talent in that area.


Above: The rapper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique