Impacting students



I truly believe that decorating my room has made an impact to my students' learning. This year is my first year investing the time to decorate. They can tell that I care about my classroom and as a result respect the place more. It also helps with my classroom management and has made me a more organised teacher. Students don't often get to see high school rooms decorated so I think it is good for them to see a classroom that has been decorated for them and for myself.



I have been squeezing in time during the morning to decorate my room. I have covered my ugly pin boards with blue tissue paper to match the teacher's desk. My classroom is really old, and all the pin boards have been tagged with a black whiteboard marker. 


After work today, I popped into Kmart, Dollar stores and Daiso in hope to find something nice to decorate my classroom. Kmart seems to be the place to go and I purchased all my decorations from the one destination. I plan to have the decorations hanging from the ceiling. The black table cloth is to cover the ugly pin board at the back of the room. 


I normally don't get to participate in Tuesday afternoon sports since I teach Year 6 students. This year the primary school students from our main feeder schools will start their art lessons in Term 2. I feel blessed to be assigned with the rock climbing group and took the opportunity to participate along with my students. I enjoy building relationships with my students outside of the classroom.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique