Appreciation quote

I purchased a lightbox from Kmart more than half a year ago and never bothered to take the screws out and insert the batteries. It also occurred to me that that it wasn't very sustainable to have the light box on every time. After having a lightbox sitting at home for a while, I decided that I would like to move it into my classroom.

To take my light box to work, I had a few things I had to keep in mind:

1. I don't actually want it on.
2. I don't want letters to be flying out if students pick up the light box (a while back I held up a large light box in a homeware store and all the letters flew off- very embarrassing).



Above: The work set up: Posca pens ($5 each from Officeworks), an A4 office cutter from Aldi (less than $30) and a light box from Kmart ($19), black A4 cardboard from Typo (on sale for $2).

The next task after setting up the work station was to look for inspirational quotes on the internet. I found two that I liked and sms my friends asking for their opinions.




The process of drawing block letters is relaxing. After picking up DIY projects, I realise I enjoy cutting out letters or drawing letters. I decided to change a few things to make the first quote work on my light box. I think the outline letters make it cute. 


Above and below: The finished product.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique