Social life

This year I want to balance social life and work life more. Last year I was almost burning out like a first year teacher. Funny thing about my teaching life is that I had a really easy first year and as the years added on, I was setting more challenges for myself. I am constantly trying to balance a lot more on my plate as there is so much I just want to do. This year, I am coping a lot better as I am used to the workload and I have a MUCH MORE organised classroom.

Today a Year 7 put his hand up and asked a really important question 'Why can't all the other rooms in the school be as cool as this room?' It really felt like a big high five was passed around to me. I am finding that an organised room with the right amount of visuals and aesthetic appeal can really help students relax and take responsibility in the classroom. I don't want to jinx it but there has been hardly any rubbish left behind by students, sink is always clean and I am getting ALL my pencils, rubbers, pens, glue sticks back in one piece with no run aways. 


However, at the same time, I need to avoid being Dory from Finding Nemo. I have been spending a bit too much in my classroom. It is unbelievable with how everything adds up so quickly. 

Anyways, I am off to feed my diet. Tonight I will be feasting at the Harvest Buffet at The Star. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique