Ready to learn

Hi everyone

This is my first post. I decided to create a blog to document the many happy memories and challenges that happen inside and outside of my Art classroom. Over the past years, I have really developed a passion for teaching and started to understand the true workload of a teacher.

A small background about myself: I am a New Scheme Teacher who graduated in mid 2012 and did not start my full load teaching until the beginning of 2013. I graduated with a double degree in Bachelor of Art Education and Bachelor of Design and have been approved to teach all Visual Arts subjects as well as some Technological and Applied Studies subjects. I have taught in two schools, one being an all girls demographic school and the other being my current co-ed demographic school. Last year, I became actively involved in our school's Positive Behaviour Learning (PBL) team. I am a strong advocator for our 'Vivo' rewards program at my school and network with the school and the local community to fund the program by organising merchandise and monetary donations.

I am looking forward to the New Year. New Year means new challenges. I am ready to learn. There is never a dull moment in teaching, as we are constantly learning new things and preparing for the best classroom experiences for our students. This year I have an additional title on top of my high school position as an Art teacher, and that is - Year 7 Advisor.

School is starting in a few weeks for teachers and students. I have been looking at back to school supplies, classroom management resources, furniture arrangement and making resources for my new classes. I am preparing for my exciting (and scary) experience. I will be presenting to the staff on the first day back for teachers. I will be presenting on 'Classroom Management' along with another teacher as part of my role in the PBL team. I am pushing myself out of my comfort zone as I need to learn to project my voice outside of the classroom. Inside the classroom, I am more confident and comfortable with my students. Outside, I am a bit of hermit crab and as a result, I am seeking new ways to come out of my shell. 

Hopefully, throughout the year I will be able to reflect on my teaching practice and share moments from inside and outside of my classroom. And show you the real me!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales