Getting ready for school


School starts tomorrow for teachers. I have already made two trips to school in the past two weeks. Each time I look like I am going camping for an extended amount of time. Bags, bags, bags and more BAGSSSSS....


In prep for school, I have done two Aldi runs during their 'Back to School' sale. I am in love with the new rose gold range (magazine holders, pencil holders and rubbish bin). From my latest Aldi trip, I also bought a 2 in 1 office cutter and a large calender desk planner.


Above: I have cleaned out my desk and put in my new purchases from ALDI.

Tomorrow I am doing a presentation on 'Classroom Management'. This is one of the reasons why I started my blog and how I got interested in DIY projects. Here are some pictures of how I am getting my classroom management in place and making my classroom a tiny bit more inviting. I live and breath inside an old demountable and plan to give it a more refreshed look throughout the year.


Above: I wonder if my door decoration is still standing up on my door. It is possibly on the ground and withstanding some rain. My demountable is outside and I really need to find a way to fix it on the door. A staple gun or really strong adhesive tape should do some magic.


Above: A change to the layout of my room.


Above: Every two table share the same colour label (the circle cut outs). This is to help with the distribution of materials. I can keep an eye out on where my materials go. For example, the pink table can only take resources from the pink Smiggle tins (bought it on sale for $1.15 each).


Above: I have finally written all the names of every student on a paddle pop stick ($2.50 for a packet of 130 from the Reject Shop). Every time I need to call out students for classroom discussion or to randomly reward students, I will pull out a paddle pop stick. On my pinboard there are my new classroom management strategies. This includes classroom 'iHelp' jobs, voice level, burger quality poster and a reminder to place all bags at the back of the room. I have spray painted two delux paint tins and plan to make a 'Kudos' and 'Suggestion' jars. Students can put a little discreet note inside as they walk out of the classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales