Teachers pay Teacher


I have spent today behind the computer again and crazily printing. I grabbed ink for my printer this morning, and I've actually ran out of ink AGAIN !!!! Probably time to invest in a better printer.

Anyways..

I'm happy with my first purchase from 'The One Stop Teacher Shop' on Teachers Pay Teacher website. I paid $18.05 aud (around $12 US) for a 'Teacher Binder', which comes with instructions on how to create your own personalised planner. You can pay using Paypal or Credit card, and once you commit to the purchase, there is an option to download the zip file. It is only an electronic version, which means you have to print it at your own expense. All the resources can be edited which makes it quite nice to play around. I will probably use the fonts and layout to create my student worksheets (two birds one stone!)

This means my investment, which I made late last year on a Kikki.K planner is not really working out. I decided upon the 'Teacher Binder' as it allows me to create a planner that contains everythinggggg. I can choose my own cover and dividers. I can choose to include or take away daily schedule, monthly calender, weekly lesson plan, student's birthday, student passwords, meeting notes, communication log with parents etc. I have actually added my own personalised items such as a section for 'Year Advisor duties', 'Staff List', 'Positive Behaviour Learning', 'Rewards Tally Tracker' and lots more. The best part about this purchase is the FREE updates for life, so I do not have to worry about buying a new planner. I feel organised already even though I did not get a chance to print out the weekly lesson plans, rewards tally system and a number of other things!










Comments

  1. This is so cute!

    I really can't imagine not keeping track of these things electronically though. Paper is so bulky for this sort of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by <3
      I am definitely a hands on person and love being able to touch and feel things. However, almost everything that is written on the planner will have an electronic copy on Millennium (my school system). We use Millennium to store information such as our communication to parents and we definitely have to mark the roll online. This planner comes in handy if I want to have an informal or formal chat with a student, parent or other staff.

      PLUS, I will grow some muscles from this teacher binder ;)

      Delete
  2. First, I LOVE your pic on the sidebar! Too cute!! :) I'm honored you took the time to write about my Teacher Binder! I love that you love it, and that it is making your "teacher life" a bit easier. You made my day!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an awesome DIY binder!

    Just curious, have you ever used a pre-made teacher planner? If so, how did you find it? Some teachers I spoke to said they used a regular day-by-day diary, some use a pre-made one, others do it electronically... can't decide what to get myself XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      Thanks for popping by :)

      I have used pre made teacher planners as my school orders it in. I find them unattractive and I have very little attachment to it. I also have a Kikki.k planner that I used however, since it was not made for teachers, there was no breakdown of periods planning. With this new DIY planner, I can choose what to include and what to take out. If I want to separate items, I can put it in another folder (see the next post). The bonus with this DIY planner is I can keep the free fonts and layout to make student worksheets. The con will be using my own printer ink and the weight can get a bit heavy if I go crazy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales