Teaching Year 11 students

I know it is only the start of the term BUT time flies! I am trying to prepare my students for their Yearly Examination, which consists of short responses and long responses (essays). I recently received a set of textbooks from my head teacher. It has been so useful to prepare my theory lessons and to help students formulate their answers. If you teach senior visual arts classes, I suggest the Senior Artwise Visual Arts 11-12 Second edition. It can be purchased as a hard or digital copy. Every week I plan on introducing students to a new artist. For every artist, the textbooks cover the art marking practice and provides examples of artworks. The best part about this textbook is the additional artist statements (quotes) and written responses by previous students. I also love the questions regarding frames and conceptual framework.

To prepare students for their essay, I came up with something cheesy - hamburger essay. In the holidays, I went to Kmart to buy a hamburger notepad. I wanted something visual so that students remember to include an introduction, body and a conclusion. I was prepared to buy a class set but then figured it will be too costly. My solution was to prepare coloured paper that matches the ONE hamburger notepad purchased from Kmart. I shared my idea on the 'Relief Teaching Ideas Community' Facebook page and on my Instagram account. Teachers and pre-graduate teachers are planning to use the same idea in their own classroom. This can be modified to suit any grades or subjects.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique