My mentor


I am dedicating this post to my best buddy/ ex-co-worker /mentor. On Tuesday, I drove up to visit my retired art teacher friend and spent a day catching up and talking about art. I also squeezed in the time to help her start a blog! 

We taught together and share a class for two years before she left. She was the reason why my 'wellbeing' and passion for teaching just SHOT right up. This lady never stops exploring and my respect for her as a teacher and as a human being exceeds every living breath.

A little snippet about herself:

"Hello, everybody...I am a retired high school Visual Arts teacher with 30 years of teaching experience. I am currently teaching visual arts to primary school students. My head is always filled with ideas that I want to share on this blog. I love experimenting with art materials and making a mess. In my spare time, I love to make handmade journals, love to quilt and anything DIY."

Her blog link:

The Art Lady



Above: The Art Lady blog.


Above: In her spare time, she creates gorgeous designs on ceramics AND she loves to quilt.


Above: She now creates lessons catered to the K-6 Art syllabus.


Above: She loves colours and patterns.


Above: She likes to experiment with unconventional ways of making art. Bleach is used in this artwork.


Above: She has made my life so much brighter and happier.


Above: And she LOVES cats!!


Above: A good buddy to share meals with.


Above: She showed me this 'packed' lollies shop. 


Above: Delicious!


Above: She always makes DIY journals and donates a large proportion to the school rewards program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique