TA-DA LIST

What I am doing?....

A few weeks ago we had a guest speaker coming in to the school to talk about our teacher well being. He recommended that we name our to-do list as the ta-da list. This means crossing off the completed job, waving your arms around and do a little happy dance. I have been working my way through my list. Not much of a dancer so you will not see me wiggling around after every task.

I have logically categorised my workload: marking, work samples, reports, program submissions, Year 8 camp organisation, Positive Behaviour for Learning team planning....

This year I have all my theory work uploaded onto Google Classroom for grades 7-12. It makes life so much easier for the student and for the teacher. This virtual classroom allows students to ask questions, submit tasks and for teachers to mark and send back the feedback. I no longer have to take piles of papers home to mark and drain the ink from my pen.

My Year 7 students are making print making, drawing and painting based on insects and plants. They use scratch foam boards as this is more cost effective and easier for them to use. Now they are drawing on black paper and applying vivid colours using oil pastels and posca markers (acrylic paint in a marker). Year 9 and 10 students have moved from digital photography to analogue photography. At the moment I am covering darkroom health and safety before letting students use the enlarger. Year 12 students are still working on their Body of Work. I am busy collecting work samples and writing evaluations for the programs. A few weeks ago, I was creating programs.

I am also busily preparing for my Year 8 camp, chasing up notes from students and preparing the cabin groups. Need to double check their medication needs and get the information all on an excel sheet. I'm so thankful that this is the second year running, so I can ask for tips from the previous camp coordinator. Being a Year Adviser is a great way to grow as an educator, help and assist students with their journey and dive into the welfare side of things.

My recent appointment as a Positive Behaviour of Learning (PBL) coordinator means I lead a team of 10 staff including the executives. I help with the growing, embedding and sustaining of PBL. I also plan the training of staff and find opportunity to network with other schools to share and exchange effective strategies. We look at defining expectations (implementing of a consistent language and focus), teaching behaviour expectations, encouraging positive behaviour and monitoring/data tracking of PBL.

Busy term but surviving along with other hard workers.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique