A typical working day



I am quite pleased with the purchase of my sparkling brand new whiteboard from Daiso. It is an awesome little monthly schedule calender. They even reposted my picture on Instagram.




At 8am today I had my Work Health and Safety workshop on how to use a fire extinguisher. I actually need to buy one for my own house!








I had Year 7 classes from Period 1-3 and most of them are finishing off their oil pastel drawings. Some are starting the painting process. Here are a few photos:













At recess, I went to visit my Deputy Princpal to talk about cabin organisation for the Year 8 camp. Careful consideration must be given to how groups are form to minimise discipline issues and conflict.




My first break from teaching Year 7 (don't get me wrong, I love them!) was during Period 4. I took my Year 9/10 combined class to the darkroom. I have not been in the darkroom for about two years now. Need to brush up my skills and reorganise the room. There needs to be labels in the dark room.










At lunch, I had a Federation meeting about the increase workload given to teachers in the last five years. If you checked out my blog post from yesterday, you will know that there is always something on.




I should be marking some homework right now on Google Classrom, updating the Year 8 camp excel sheet, calling out students to double check camp groups, updating my PDP (teacher goals), updating the Positive Behaviour for Learning agenda sheet in prep for week 9 etc. I'm taking a break from the workload as I will be teaching Year 12 and spending an extra hour after school with them. They have only 5 more weeks late before the submission of their Body of Work for the 30% progress mark. I stay back after work every Thursday for an hour and dedicate my Friday lunch and any free periods for my Year 12. Hoping this will help them be more prepared.


10 more mins before I start teaching again.


Thank you for reading up to here! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Kikki.K Teacher Sales

Speed Dating Art Critique