Feedback from students


A while back, I posted about my high school's partnership with Western Sydney University. The project involves professional development using an action research model. Action research is a process involving enquiry into an important question relating to classroom and school practice. In my group of four teachers, we wanted to focus on creating a safe classroom.

To know more about the project, please click on the following link:

Safe Classroom

We found that students are more likely to take risks if they feel safe in the classroom. To encourage these risk taking behaviour we reconsidered our teaching pedagogy. Some looked at providing longer waiting time, others looked at scaffolding information. 

I was interested in providing words of encouragement. I also looked at recapping jargons used in class. If students feel they are valued for contributing and are familiar with the content, they are more likely to contribute to class discussions.

Today, I asked my Year 11 students to complete an evaluation. All the feedback shows, I have been using praises more often and that jargons have been taught. Here are some examples:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maintenance of Accreditation

Speed Dating Art Critique

Kikki.K Teacher Sales